The right cooling technology for server rooms has a decisive role to play in the planning and optimisation of data centres. Sustainability and energy efficiency in particular are becoming increasingly important topics. The amount of energy needed for server cooling is so great that it can account for more than a third of a data centre’s total energy consumption. SCHÄFER IT-Systems can provide intelligent solutions with 100% climate-friendly water cooling.
Server cooling options
In addition to the requirements for the heat loads that need to be cooled, it is important to evaluate the ambient conditions (e.g. server room temperature, outside temperature, etc.) as well as the safety-relevant aspects. For this reason, SCHÄFER IT-Systems offers air-conditioning solutions for open and closed applications. For example, the SideCooler can be used in open, hybrid and closed architectures. From climate control in server rooms, so-called decentralised IT rooms with low heat loads, to high-performance applications with very high energy densities, SCHÄFER IT-Systems has a comprehensive portfolio on offer.
Different applications - always an intelligent solution
Different applications also mean different challenges for server cooling. Particularly in decentralised data centres in the branch segment, prefabricated cabinet systems with closed air-conditioning concepts are required. In classical data centres, larger spaces are often available and consequently enclosure solutions are often used. Whether hot or cold aisle enclosures are chosen often depends on the premises and the usage parameters. In high-performance data centres, computing power is the top priority. Cooling is based exclusively on cold water. High temperatures, both in the cold water supply and the internal cabinet temperatures on the air side, enable the efficient operation of the socalled cluster solution.
You can find more information on the different server cooling options available on our product detail pages or just contact us and we will advise you personally.
Benefits at a glance
- Complete solution portfolio for cabinet-based climate control solutions
- Standardised, pre-assembled cabinet systems for decentralised IT locations
- Climate control solutions for classic data centres and high-performance data centres
- Modular design ensures maximum flexibility for new installation or expansion, depending on the product.
- Secure and low-maintenance infrastructure solutions, with integrated cooling concepts
- Reduction of downtimes by using high-quality components "Made in Germany”
- Compliance with international standards and norms for cooling with a natural refrigerant
- Compliance with the requirements of the F-Gas regulation through the use of natural refrigerants in the rack